TN 12th Results 2020 | Tamil Nadu 12th Results 2020 Declared | TN HSC result 2020 on July 16 , 2020 at 9:30 am on the official website – tnresults.nic.in & dge.tn.gov.in at 9:30 am
Directorate of General Education, Tamil Nadu (TNDGE) will release TN HSC result 2020 on 16.07.2020 on the official website – tnresults.nic.in & dge.tn.gov.in at 9:30 am. Tamil Nadu 12th result 2020 will be released in online mode only. Around 8.5 lakh students appeared for the TN 12th exam 2020 this year. They must keep their date of birth and registration number ready to check Tamil Nadu HSC result 2020 as soon as the result is announced. They can also access Tamil Nadu HSC result 2020 through mobile application, and SMS.
Students must note that the TN 12th result 2020 released online is provisional. They need to collect the original marksheet from school. TN HSC result 2020 includes student’s basic details like name, roll number, marks obtained in the exam, grades, etc.
Directorate of Government Examination conducted TN HSC board exams from March 2 to 24, 2020. The last paper, that got postponed, was conducted on June 4. Earlier, the TN 12th Result 2020 was slated to release on April 24, 2020, but due to postponement of the examination and evaluation, the process got delayed due to coronavirus outbreak in the country.
|Exam Name||TN 12th Exam (Tamil Nadu HSC Examination)|
|Board Name||Directorate of Government Examination (DGE), Tamil Nadu|
|Passing Marks||35 marks|
|TN 12th board exam dates||02-Mar-20 to 24-Mar-2020 and June 4|
|Announcement of Tamil Nadu 12th result 2020||16.07.2020 at 9:30 am|
|Mode of Results Declaration||Online , SMS|
|Official Website 1||http://tnresults.nic.in/|
|Official Website 2||http://dge.tn.gov.in/|
|Number of Students take the exam||Around 8.5 lakh|
|Required credentials for checking the result||Class 12th Registration Number and Date of Birth|
Steps To Check TN 12th Result 2020?
Follow the steps as under to download the Tamil Nadu Board Class 12 Result 2020:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of Directorate of Government Examinations, Tamil Nadu: http://tnresults.nic.in/
- – 2nd Step: Click on the Results Tab.
- – 3rd Step: A new page will open where you need to click on Server 1.
- – 4th Step: Click on the link HSE March 2020 Results.
- – 5th Step: Enter your Registration No and Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy).
- – 6th Step: Click on Get Marks and your Tamil Nadu class 12th result/ TN +2 results will be displayed on the screen.
- – 8th Step: Students can download it as PDF for future reference.
Steps to check Tamilnadu Board Results 2020 using App
Students can download ‘ AU Exam + ( AUE+ ) ‘ onto their smartphones from Google Playstore to check their TN HSC Result 2020 using App. They will need to click on Tamilnadu 12th Result 2020, enter the roll number and other details needed and submit. The Class 12th Results will open up on the screen.
How To Check Tamil Nadu 12th Result 2020 Through SMS?
Candidates can also check TN 12th Results through SMS as well. In order to check TN 12th Result through SMS, candidates will have to have their Roll Number & Date of Birth in hand. The steps to check Tamil Nadu +2 Results through SMS are listed below:
- Open SMS application on your mobile phone.
- Now type “TNBOARD12REGNO, DATE OF BIRTH“.
- Send it to 09282232585 or +919282232585.
Note: The Date of Birth should be in DD/MM/YYYY format.
Grading System of Tamil Nadu 12th Result 2020
|Grade||Marks Range||Grade Point|
|E2||20 & Below||–|
Tamil Nadu 12th HSC Passing Marks 2020
Students need to attain the minimum passing marks for Tamil Nadu HSC (+2) exam 2020 for theory and practical exam which are as follows:
|Exam||Minimum passing marks|
|Theory||35 marks per subject|
|Subjects with practical|
Theory – 70 marks
Practical – 20 marks
Internal – 10 marks
15 marks in theory exam and total of 35 marks
No minimum marks for practical but a candidate should be present
Frequently Asked Questions – TN 12th Results 2020
Q1. How is cut off for 12th calculated?
A: Cut off calculation of 12th board is quite simple. TN 12th Cut off = Total Marks of (Physics/4)+(Chemistry/4)+(Maths/2).
Q2. Where can I find Re-checking form?
A: Students can collect the Re-checking form either from their respective schools or from the official website.
Q3. How can I check my 12th result in Tamil Nadu 2020?
A: Click Here to check your 12th Result Tamil Nadu 2020.
Q4. Who secured the first rank in Tamil Nadu for 12th 2020?
A: From the year 2019, the officials of Tamil Nadu Education Board have stopped releasing the Merit List. The officials took this action since the students are mentally affected even if they lose one mark in board exams. So, students wouldn’t be able to find who is the state first in Tamil Nadu Board Exams.
Q5: What is the first mark in 12th 2019 in Tamil Nadu?
A: Considering the spirit of healthy competition among students, the board has decided not to release the first mark or highest marks secured by the students. Exam officials implemented this policy so that parents will also not pressurize the students.
Q6: தமிழ்நாடு பிளஸ் டூ முடிவு எப்போது வெளியிடப்படும்
A. தமிழ்நாடு 12 வது முடிவுகள் 2020 ஜூலை 16 ஆம் தேதி வெளியாகும் என்று எதிர்பார்க்கப்படுகிறது.
Tamil Nadu HSC Result 2020 – Re-totalling of Marks
- Students who find any inaccuracy in TN 12th result 2020 can apply for re-totalling of marks
- During re-totalling, it is ensured that the marks secured by a student are re-calculated. If any answer is left unchecked earlier then the same is checked and marks are awarded accordingly
- The application fee for re-totalling of Tamil Nadu board 12th result 2020 is Rs 205 for each subject while it is Rs 305 for subjects comprising two papers
- Private students can apply for the same through respective exam centres whereas regular students can apply through respective schools
TN 12th Result 2020 – Obtaining a scanned copy of answer sheets
- Students can apply through respective school or exam centre to obtain a scanned copy of answer scripts
- They are required to pay Rs 275 per script in cash to apply
- They will be able to download the scanned copy of answer script by entering registration number and date of birth
Re-evaluation of Tamil Nadu 12th Result 2020
- Students who are not happy with TN 12th result 2020 can opt for the re-evaluation of their result
- Regular students can apply for re-evaluation of Tamil Nadu class 12 result for all subjects through respective schools
- Only those students who apply for scan copy of answer scripts can apply for revaluation by submitting an application to the concerned Chief Educational Officer
- The application fee for Re-evaluation of Tamil Nadu HSC result 2020 is Rs 505 per subject
- The request for re-evaluation is processed within 10 to 15 days